In order to share results from scientific research in the East African Rift, the BeLux consortium launched, in 2007, the “Active Volcanism and Continental Rifting” (AVCoR) conferences, wich aims to gather together African and other international scientists from different disciplines (geology, geography, volcanology, geodesy, geodynamics, seismology, etc.) to share their knowledge and discuss the complex relationships between continental rifting and magmatism, as well as the potential impact on societies.
The first edition of the AVCoR conference, in November 2007, was organized in Luxembourg, by the European Center for Geodynamics and Seismology (Luxembourg) and the Royal Museum for Central Africa (Belgium). The second edition, AVCoR 2013, was organized in Gisenyi (Rwanda). A third edition of the AVCoR conference is in preparation.
- AVCoR 2013 Special Issue in J. of African Earth Sciences
- AVCoR 2013 Book of Abstracts
- AVCoR 2013 Poster
- AVCoR 2013 Scientific Program
- AVCoR 2013 List of Participants
- AVCoR 2007 Proceedings (ECGS BlueBook n°29)
- AVCoR 2007 Special Issue in J. of African Earth Sciences
- AVCoR 2007 poster
- AVCoR 2007 Scientific Program